Resources Off CampusPage address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/services/offcampus.html
Off-Campus Access to E-Resources
Off-campus access to most Library databases and e-journals is available to current Minnesota State University, Mankato students, faculty, and staff only.
Access to E-Resources from off-campus requires authentication, which is done through the Library's proxy server. Links on the Library web site are configured to do this automatically. You will be prompted to enter your campus username and password.
If you cannot access ANY E-Resources from off-campus, please check the Remote Access page for troubleshooting tips.
- If you have any problems with your userid or password, please check the User-ID Information page.
- As a temporary workaround for problem resources, you can try using the campus Clientless VPN Portal. Keep in mind that connecting through the proxy server is the preferred method and report any problems to the Library.
Most electronic resources are licensed and may only be used by current MSU students and faculty, but some e-resources on the MSU Library website are available to anyone without authentication. Some that are freely available to everyone include:
- MnPals The MnPals online catalog is freely available.
- Traverse des Sioux Library System(library catalog for the Public Libraries in the region): This is a regional library cooperative of 42 public libraries in the nine counties of southcentral Minnesota: Blue Earth , Brown, Faribault, LeSueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca, and Watonwan.
- MnCAT (University of Minnesota catalog)
- Academic Libraries in Minnesota
- Public Libraries in Minnesota
- Library of Congress Catalog U.S. National Library
- Library of Congress Gateway to other Catalogs Many different research collections
- LibWeb Directory of library Web sites from more than 90 countries
- LibDex Library website directory
- WorldCat Discovery Provides access to 1.8 billion electronic, digital and physical resources in libraries around the world through a single search of WorldCat and a central index that represents more than 2,000 e-content collections.
- PubMed (indexes/abstracts)
- NCJRS - National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- American Memory: Historical Collections for the National Digital Library (Library of Congress)
- Electronic Library of Minnesota (ELM) - Databases with a state-wide subscription, available to all residents
- ERIC - Education Resources Information Center