Placing computer holds
Library laptop computer are available only to current students, faculty and staff. Community patrons cannot borrow library equipment.
Laptop computers circulate for 1 week. You will need to place a hold if a laptop computer is not immediately available.
How to place a hold on a laptop computer1.
Library laptop computers in the online catalog.
2. Click on the Location line in the record (Location/Available MSU,M Equipment Services --Equipment--Lower Level Library Info)
3. Click on Place Hold
4. Login by entering your library barcode (201010... number on the back of your MavCard) and your last name in the space provided.
5. Click Go to get to the next screen
6. Do not change the dates on the screen. It is not possible to reserve a laptop computer for a specific date.
7. Click on Go to finish the process. Confirmation message will display near top of screen.
8. Your name will be added to the hold queue in the order it was entered.
9. "A hold cannot be placed on this item. Please see library staff" error message will display if the system believes that computers are available for immediate checkout. Inquire at the ERC service window or call 389-5944 to confirm that a computer is actually available.
Hold Pickup Notice
10. When a laptop computer becomes available for you, a Hold Pickup Notice will be sent to your campus email address.
11. Print out the Hold Pickup Notice.
12. Bring your Hold Pickup Notice and your MavCard to the Media Services window in the ERC during Equipment Services hours Monday-Friday.
13. Computer will be due back one week later at the same time of day.
Please note the following details
1. You cannot place a hold on a certain laptop computer. You will receive the next available computer when your name is at the top of the queue.
2. Only one hold per person may be placed at any time.
3. Only one laptop computer per person may be checked out at any time
4. You cannot place another hold on a laptop computer while you have one checked out.
5. Laptop computers on hold will be held for 1 day from when the hold notice is sent to your email address. It is the responsibility of the user to check your email and pick up the laptop computer.
6. Short-term use computers are available for 4-hour checkout separate from the hold system. Request at ERC service counter.
7. Laptop computers and other equipment can only be picked up when the ERC Media Services window is staffed. No Hold Pickup Notices will be sent after noon on Fridays.
8. Laptops and other equipment cannot be renewed.
Questions about audio-visual equipment? Contact ERC staff by calling (507) 389-5944