ERC Services - EquipmentPage address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/services/erc/equipment.html
Equipment available for checkout
- Multimedia Equipment is available to current students, faculty, and staff for class-related projects.
- Community borrowers cannot checkout library equipment.
- Equipment types other than laptop computers can be booked (reserved in advance) for pickup. Remaining items are available first-come. Most circulate for one week.
- Projectors normally circulate for 48-hours. If due time would fall on Saturday or Sunday, item will be due Monday morning.
- Equipment cannot be renewed. Upon returning the equipment item, a different unit may be checked out if one is available.
- Equipment can be returned anytime during Library hours. Equipment may be returned to the ERC or Circulation desks. Do NOT place equipment in the book drop. A damage fee may be charged if equipment is returned with broken parts, missing cables, or is placed in the book drop.
- Borrowers must provide multimedia supplies, such as tapes, mini-DVDs, etc, for the equipment.
- Equipment has steep late fees of $25 per day from the TIME due. Please don't be late.
Equipment items available:
- Laptop computers --1 week. Laptop computers circulate for one week (no renewals). Place a Hold Request to be notified of next available computer. For more information, see how to request a laptop computer.
- Laptop computers -- 4 hour checkout
- Video/Data projectors -- 48 hours
- iPads and other tablet computers -- 1 week
- Adapter cables
- Audio cassette tape recorders
- Calculators (basic and scientific graphing) -end of day
- Charging cables for phones and tablets - end of day
- CD and cassette tape players
- Digital cameras - basic and DSLR
- Digital video camcorders
- Digital voice recorders
- Headphones - end of day
- E-book readers
- Slide projectors
- Overhead projectors
- Microfilm & microfiche portable readers
- Lecternette PA system with microphone and amplifier
Equipment available for use in Library
Multimedia equipment available for in-Library use. MavCard not required to use these items.
- DVD players
- Videotape players (VCRs)
- Videotape player for international video formats – PAL, SECAM, etc.
- Region-free DVD player for international DVDs
- Tape recorders
- 16mm film projector
- Record player
Multimedia equipment available for delivery to classrooms
- TV carts with VCR/DVD combo player
Delivery requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Call 389-5944 or email Kevin Hebert
Multimedia duplication services available
Duplication of CDs, DVDs, Videotapes, and cassette tapes. Requests for duplication must be related to class or other university business. Copyrighted materials will not be duplicated without written permission from the copyright holder. Multimedia services provided by the Educational Resource Center (ERC) are meant to support the curriculum at Minnesota State University. State of Minnesota regulations and statutes prohibit use of state property for personal, commercial and/or non-profit organizational use. Patrons must provide supplies for the duplication.
Faculty and staff needing multimedia services should contact ITS Academic Technology Services Phone 389-5856