AccessibilityPage address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/services/disability.html
Memorial Library Accessibility
- Accessible entrances and restrooms
- Elevator access to all levels
- Accessible study tables and work stations
- Accessible Circulation Desk
- Adjustable-height work station with large monitor in the reference area, equipped with:
- JAWS screen reader
- Kurzweil text reader
- OpenBook Scanning and Reading software
- Adobe Digital Editions
- Adjustable-height work station in the Library classroom for bibliographic instruction
- Study rooms with equipment for listening to recorded materials
- A ClearView video text magnifier near the first floor Reference Desk
- New Quiet Study Rooms for distraction-free studying
- Headphones and trackball mouse
Other assistance provided upon request.
- The University’s policy and federal law call for reasonable accommodations on an individualized and flexible basis.
- We do our best to help as we are asked, depending on the number of staff on duty.
- Please call ahead for best service. We can provide:
- Retrieval service
- Library staff will bring materials to any patron who cannot physically retrieve an item.
- Directional assistance
- Staff can give directions to a particular area of the library, provide a map, or escort patrons, if requested. Ask in advance for the best possible service.
To arrange other services:
Please make your needs known to us. Library staff works closely with the campus Accessibility Resources office, located in the lower level of the Library.
The library is committed to serve people of all abilities. We are here to help all students, faculty and staff.