Government CollectionPage address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/govdoc/govcoll.html
Memorial Library has more than 140,000 Government Documents titles. These documents are available in several formats: print, microfiche, CD-ROMs, posters and maps. The entire collection is included in the MSU Library catalog .
Location & Access
Federal Government Documents
- Most of the Government Documents collection is located on the first floor (map) of the library. The collection is cataloged and can be searched using MSU Library catalog .
- Most maps are located in the map area on the first floor.
- Some government periodicals are located in the periodicals collection.
- Microfiche are located in the microfiche cabinets located near the documents collection on the first floor. Microfiche readers and reader/printers are available near the cabinets. Portable microfiche readers are available for check-out.
- Posters are located in a poster case near the microfiche cabinets.
- Many publications can be accessed online.
Minnesota Government Documents
- Minnesota State documents are catalogued and shelved in the M.J.Lass Center. Starting in 1980 most state documents became available on microfiche. These documents are filed in the microfiche cabinets by number (ex. 99-0231 or year-number) and are all listed in the library's online catalog (MSU Library catalog).
- Reference service for government documents collection is available at the library reference desk or contact Government Documents Librarian Evan Rusch
- Most government documents circulate for a period of three weeks and can be checked out at the Circulation Counter on the first floor of the library.