CopyrightPage address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/archives/rights/copyright.html
Copyright and Fair Use
Use of these collections are subject to U.S. copyright law (Title 17, United States Code) and international copyright laws. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property and libel laws as they apply.
The collections are intended for personal, educational, and scholarly use and are not intended for commercial publication, broadcast, or display unless specific permissions have been obtained through the MSU Archives. Please contact the MSU Archives for information on permissible use of the collections and procedures on how to obtain permissions and details on
service and reproduction fees.
Users should be aware that materials made available directly through this website may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to copyright and the rights of privacy and publicity, of parties other than the MSU Archives. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any other permissions, and paying associated fees, which may be necessary for the proposed use.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law. Please direct questions about usage to the Archives and Special Collections Librarian.
For more information about Copyright
- US Copyright Office: http://www.copyright.gov/
- MNSU Library Services’ Guide to Copyright and Fair Use: http://libguides.mnsu.edu/copyright
- Cornerstone Copyright and Author Information: http://libguides.mnsu.edu/cornerstone/submission_guidelines
- University of Minnesota Copyright page: https://www.lib.umn.edu/copyright
There are a number of tools and resources that can help you to determine if the item is still under copyright or if it is likely to be in the public domain.
- Copyright Digital Slider: http://librarycopyright.net/resources/digitalslider/
- Copyright Genie: http://librarycopyright.net/resources/genie/
- Fair Use Checklist: https://www.lib.umn.edu/copyright/fairthoughts
- MnSCU Fair Use Analysis: http://www.copyright.mnscu.edu/forms/FAIR%20USE%20ANALYSIS.pdf
Suggested citation format:
Name of collection. Date range. Call number, Repository, Memorial Library, Minnesota State University, Mankato.
University Archives example:
Academic Affairs. Collection, 1916-Ongoing. MSU Archives Collection 14, University Archives, Memorial Library, Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Winter, August Edward, 1838 - 1927. Reminiscences, 1861 - 1865. SMHC Manuscript Collection 112, Southern Minnesota Historical Center, Memorial Library, Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Title. Local Identifier. University Archives, Memorial Library, Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Mankato State University President Margaret Preska, June 17, 1991. MSU-UA-309-17788. University Archives, Memorial Library, Minnesota State University, Mankato.