Page address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/archives/hoc/academics.html
Brock/Otto Hall of Champions
Selected objects from the Academics exhibit are described below.
Rusty Time Machine Sculpture - Art Award winner Melissa Titus, '97 BFA
School of Nursing Cap and Pin bestowed upon graduation. The first capping ceremony was held in 1954 and continued to the 1980s. Caps themselves were worn as part of the student nurse uniform until the 1980s, when most nurses stopped wearing their caps due to cleanliness problems and workday inconveniences. The pinning ceremony first occurred in 1956 and continues to this day. With the caps no longer being an identifying symbol, the pin serves as the lasting and sustainable symbol of all graduates of Minnesota State University, Mankato, School of Nursing. Information about Nurse's caps and pins obtained from Celebrating the First Fifty Years: An Interpretive Essay.
Nurse supply bag on loan from School of Nursing. Collection, 1947-Ongoing. MSU Archives Collection 101.
Questions about the Hall of Champions
Please contact the University Archives if you have questions about the Hall of Champions.