Page address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/archives/hday/atmsu.html
History Day Resources
The MSU Library welcomes elementary and high school students conducting History Day research. The Library has extensive resources and reference services to assist students with their research.
The History Day 2012 research guide is a great place to start.
Resources @ MSU
- MSU Library Website
- Library Hours
- Find Books at the MSU Library
- The library catalog helps you find what books, government documents, movies, maps, special collections and more that are available in the MSU Library.
- The catalog can be accessed anywhere. (ex. Home, school, library, etc.)
- Finding Newspaper, Magazine, and Journal Articles by Subject @ MSU
- The library subscribes to over 200 databases that index and provide full-text journal, newspaper, and magazine articles.
- Access to these databases is only available from within the library.
- ELM Resources
- Links to databases that index and provide full-text journal, newspaper, and magazine articles.
- These can be accessed anywhere. (ex. Home, school, library, etc.) All you need is a Minnesota public library card.
- Services for Non-MSU Users
- With a valid public library card Minnesota residents can check out many materials in the library. If under 18, a parent/guardian must sign a permission slip to borrow materials.
- The completed permission slip and the library card need to be brought to the Circulation desk on the first floor near the entrance.
- For more information go to the website or contact the Circulation office. (507) 389-5931
- Special Collections in the Library
- Making Copies
- Copies can be made in the Library Copy Shoppe on the first floor.
- Copies are 10 cents/page so bring some money.
- Have Questions?
- Ask a Reference Librarian!
- Please stop at the reference desk or call (507) 389-5958.