shortcut to content

Minnesota State University, Mankato

Minnesota State University, Mankato

Page address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/archives/fa/smhc/smhc1260.html

Minnesota State University, Mankato,
Memorial Library, Southern Minnesota Historical Center
Church of the Nativity, Wells, Minnesota. History and Parish Register, 1873 - 1915.
MSU Archives Collection 1260



Church of the Nativity, Wells, Minnesota. History and Register, 1873 - 1915. SMHC Manuscript Collection 1260. 1 volume.

Abstract:

This collection consists of items related to the Episcopal Church of the Nativity in Wells, Minnesota. The church was organized in 1870, and the first building was built in 1873. The collection consists of one volume of the parish register, 1873 - 1915, and six copied pages from the church history. This history of the church was originally constructed from pages six through eight of the register. The register contains birth and death records, along with financial information.

Restrictions:

There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property and libel laws as they apply.

Collection Citation:

Church of the Nativity, Wells, Minnesota. History and Parish Register, 1873 - 1915. SMHC Manuscript Collection 1260 Southern Minnesota Historical Center, Memorial Library, Minnesota State University, Mankato.

Acquisition:

Lawrence Shrout donated this collection in December 1977.

Processed By:

Karin Thiem processed this collection in July 1978. Finding aid revised by Robert Russell November 2000.

Related Collections:

It has been determined that there are no similar manuscript collections about the Church of the Nativity, Wells, Minnesota available elsewhere.

LCSH Subject Headings:

Church of the Nativity-Wells (Minn.)
Episcopal Churches-Minnesota.

Related Collections at MSUM:

Protestant Episcopal Churches in Minnesota-South Central. SMHC Manuscript Collection 151, Southern Minnesota Historical Center, Memorial Library, Minnesota State University, Mankato.