Kinne & White Store Ledger, 1886-1867Page address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/archives/fa/smhc/smhc1202.html
Minnesota State University, Mankato,
Memorial Library, Southern Minnesota Historical Center
Kinne & White Store. Ledger, 1886 - 1867.
SMHC Manuscript Collection 1202
Kinne & White Store. Ledger, 1866 - 1867. SMHC Manuscript Collection 1202. One Volume.
This collection is comprised of the ledger of the Kinne & White grocery and crockery store, which operated in Mankato, Minnesota from 1866 until 1867. James G. Kinne and Albert S. White formed a partnership in 1866 to begin operation of a grocery store. The ledger was used by Kinne & White from July 1866 until November 1866, when Kinne sold his interest in the venture to White. The ledger also contains the business and personal records of Albert S. White from November 1866 to June 1867.
The grocery and crockery store of Kinne & White was opened on July 29, 1866. It was located on the corner of Cherry and Front Streets, and it was advertised that they dealt in groceries, crockery, and glassware. The last mention of the store was an advertisement in the Mankato Record on February 9, 1867, when it was owned solely by A. S. White.
Information taken from various issues of the Mankato Record, 1866 - 1867.
There are no restrictions on use of this collection for research purposes. The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property and libel laws as they apply.
Kinne & White Store. Ledger, 1866 - 1867. SMHC Manuscript Collection 1202, Southern Minnesota Historical Center, Memorial Library, Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Tom Volk donated this collection in February 1975.
This collection was processed in April 1975. Finding aid revised by Robert Russell in October 2000.
It has been determined that there are no similar manuscript collections about the Kinne & White store available elsewhere.
LCSH Subject Headings:
- Kinne, James G.
- White, Albert S.
- Mankato (Minn.) - Grocery Trade, 1866 - 1867