Page address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/archives/diglib/flickr.html
Documenting the University Experience through Online Photo Sharing
The University Archives at Minnesota State University, Mankato has created a Flickr Group so photos and videos related to the University can be shared. We will be posting some of our historic university photographs and current photos of the Archives and Library Services. Our goal for this group is to share and preserve the history of the University. Please consider sharing your Maverick experience.
We are introducing this at Professional Development Day, January 8, 2014. If you plan to attend, please preload photos in your Flickr account OR bring photos on a flash drive or put them on your mavdisk and we will help you get started. At the PDD session we will: help individuals create flickr accounts, join the group, add photos to the group and help folks describe their photos. From hey the campus is pretty today photos to department or campus events, we are interested in your photos.
- Step One: Login to Flickr or Create an account http://www.flickr.com/
- Step Two: Join the Minnesota State University, Mankato Group http://www.flickr.com/groups/mnsumankato/
- Step Three: Add your photos
- Step Four: Share them with our group
Things to remember when sharing photos with our group.
- Please use tags! What campus landmarks are in the photo? Ex. MemorialLibrary, Fountain, Mall (No spaces please)
- Descriptions: Please tell us about the photo. Think who, what, when, where.
- Only share photos that you took or have copyright permission to share.
- Licensing - Our photos have an Attribution - Noncommercial - Creative Commons license. We encourage group members to share photos with a similar or even less restrictive license.
- Have fun, play nice, share and if you wouldn't show a photo with your grandmother, please don't share it with the group.