Jessica SchombergPage address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/about/staff/schomberg/schomberg.html
Jessica J. Schomberg
Non-Print Cataloging Librarian
Voice: (507) 389-2155
FAX: (507) 389-5155
Primary responsibility: Catalog non-print items including audio and video recordings, curriculum materials, kits, printed music, cartographic materials.
Serve on Library's Arts & Humanities team, helping to provide reference, bibliographic instruction, and collection development services to faculty and students in the areas of English and Philosophy.
Department Chair, 2014-2017
Minnesota State University, Mankato
MA (English: Teaching English as a Second Language)
University of Washington
MLIS (Library & Information Science)
University of Minnesota, Morris
- Memorial Library, Minnesota State University, Mankato MN
Non-Print Cataloging Librarian, 2003-
- Hunterdon County Library, Flemington NJ
- Baker & Taylor, Bridgewater NJ
Cataloging Librarian/System Administrator, 2001-2003
Book Cataloging Librarian 2000-2001
Bergman, B., Schomberg , J. and Kurtz, D. (October 8, 2014). The video lifecycle: Working together for selection and processing of video collections. Presented at the Minnesota Library Association conference, Mankato, Minn.
- Schomberg , J. and Sizemore, D. (2013). Developing and implementing a project chart. In C. Smallwood, J. Kuhl and L. Fraser (Eds.), Time and Project Management Strategies for Libraries. Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press.
- Schomberg , J. and Bergman, B. (2012). International students' use of a library's media collection. Library Collections, Acquisitions & Technical Services 36(3-4), 121-126.
- Schomberg, J. and Sizemore, D. (in press). Developing and implementing a project chart. In J. Kuhl and L. Fraser (Eds.), Time organization for libraries: Beating budget and staff cuts. Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press.
- Schomberg, J. and Bergman, B. (in press). International students' use of a library's media collection. Library Collections, Acquisitions & Technical Services.
- Schomberg, J. and Bergman, B. (2009). Building a sub-Saharan African film collection. Collection Building 28(4), 150-154.
- Olson, N. B., Bothmann, R. L., and Schomberg J. S. (2008). Cataloging of audiovisual and other special materials, 5th ed. Westport, CT: Libraries Unlimited.
- Bergman, B., Peters, V. and Schomberg, J. (2007). Video collecting for the sometimes media librarian. College & Undergraduate Libraries 14(1), 57-77.
- Drescher, N. and Schomberg, J. (2007, June 2). Increasing critical thinking among future ESL teachers. Presented at the Fifth International Conference on Language Teacher Education, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Weber, L. and Schomberg, J. (2006) Access plus security: Compact disc classification and packaging at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Music Reference Services Quarterly 9(2), 49-54.
- Weber, L. and Schomberg, J. (24 Feb. 2006 and 28 Apr. 2006) “Access plus security: Compact disc classification and packaging at Minnesota State University, Mankato.” Presented at the Music Library Association national conference (Memphis, Tenn.) and at the Minnesota Library Association’s Association of Research Libraries Division Day (Chaska, Minn.).
- Schomberg, J. and Grace, M. (2005) Expanding a collection to reflect diverse user populations. Collection Building, 24(4), 124-126.
- Schomberg, J. and Ahmed, L. (22 Sept. 2005) “Somali students and the library.” Presented at the Minnesota Library Association conference (Minneapolis, MN).
- Review documentaries for Educational Media Reviews Online (2004- )
- American Library Association
- ALCTS Outstanding Collaboration Citation Jury
- Online Audiovisual Catalogers
- MnPals: Aleph Authorities Task Force, (member, 2007- ;co-chair 2007-2014)
- MnPals: Aleph Validation Work Group (2005-2007)
MSU Library Committees:
- Library Faculty Assessment and Planning Committee
- Library Planning Committee
- Library Faculty Personnel Committee
- Library Faculty Professional Development Committee
- Library Faculty Elections Committee
MSU FA Committees:
- Assessment and Evaluation Committee, faculty chair 2013-