Evan RuschPage address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/about/staff/rusch/rusch.html
Evan J. Rusch
MS Library and Information Science, BA Political Science and History
Government Document/Instruction Librarian
Home Page: http://lib.mnsu.edu/about/staff/rusch/rusch.html
Voice: (507) 389-2460 -- FAX: (507) 389-5155
- Library liaison and primary collection developer:
- Economics-contact: Michael Spencer
- Geography-contact: Forrest Wilkerson
- Law Enforcement-contact: Mark Robbins
- Political Science/Public Administration/International Relations-contact: Fred Slocum
- Urban and Regional Studies-contact: Beth Heidelberg
- Collaborate with other librarians on the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Team to provide outreach and collection development for departments in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- Provide regular weekly reference services at a busy service desk located in an information commons setting.
- Participate in 24/7 Virtual Reference, providing online reference service for nationwide cooperative through OCLC’s Question Point
- Serve as an active member of the library’s Reference Team, which collaborates to assess, plan, and promote reference services.
- Provide reference consultations and library instruction for the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences as well as other colleges as needed.
- Provide library instruction for first-year seminar classes as well as introductory English composition, and speech/communications classes.
- Coordinate daily tasks in the Government Documents and Maps Department and represent the department at monthly Library Coordinators Meetings.
- Manage the Government Document Collection through item selection and weeding.
- Serve as collection developer for map and atlas collection.
- Manage ordering of replacements of lost or damaged library materials.
- Supervise mending and binding processes, distribute books in need of mending to collection developers.
Minnesota State University, Mankato
M. S. Political Science, December 2007 Thesis: Unionized Library Organizations: A Comparative Case Study .
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
M. S. Library and Information Science, May 2003
B. A. Political Science and History May 2000
- Memorial Library, Minnesota State University, Mankato MN Government Document/Instruction Librarian, 2003-
- Undergraduate Library, University Of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Urbana IL
- Undergraduate Reference Graduate Assistant 2001-2003
- American Library Association
- Government Document Round Table
- Library Instruction Round Table
- Reference and User Services Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Law and Political Science Section
- Instruction Section