MLIS & MS Spanish
Voice: (507)389-5058 Fax: (507)389-5155
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the Systems Unit in the Library
- Provide leadership in planning, implementing, and managing information technologies that facilitate library services to MSU faculty, students and staff
- Participate in Collection Development, Library Instruction and serve as a liasion to the College of Business
- Coordinate the Library Web Team and oversee the Library website
- Participate on the team of electronics resources librarians
- Collaborate with other campus units on digital initiatives and university-wide projects that impact library operations
- Support librarians in integrating Web-based resources into library services
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
MLIS Master of Library and Information Science
Mankato State University
Mankato State College
BS, Spanish and Social Studies
2004 Network+ Certification
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Systems Librarian, 2004-present
Minnesota Valley Regional Library
Extended Services Coordinator 1994-1999
Circulation Coordinator 1983-1994
- NAAUG (North Atlantic Aleph Users Group) Systems Enhancements 2005-2006
- FA University Extended Education Committee 2012-present
- Learning and Technology Roundtable 2004-2012
- Diversity Awareness and Advocacy Group (DAAG) 2004-2006
- ADA/Diversity Team 2004-2009
- Aleph MnLINK Team 2004-2005 Chair 2005-2011
- Disaster Team 2004-present
- Electronic Resources Group 2004-present
- Personnel Committee 2006-2008
- Library Coordinators 2004-present
- Library Planning 2005-present
- Library Webteam Chair 2004-present
- Serials Review Committee 2004-present
- Library Outreach Committee 2009-present
- American Library Association (ALA)
- ALA Library Information Technology Association (LITA)
- ALA New Members Round Table (NMRT)
- Minnesota Library Association (MLA)
- American Society for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T) 2008-2009
- Interfaculty Organization (IFO)
- Lawrence, P. & Weber, L. (2012). Midnight-2:00 a.m.: what goes on at the library? New Library World, 113(11/12), 528-548.
- Lawrence, P. & Weber, L. (2010). Authentication and Access: Accommodating Public Users in an Academic World. Information Technology and Libraries. 29(3), 128-140.
- Lawrence, P. (2009) "Ask a Librarian." Computers in Libraries. 29(7), 51-51.
- Lawrence, P. (2009) "Access When AND Where They Want It: Using EZproxy to Serve Our Remote Users (Cover story)." Computers in Libraries Computers in Libraries. 29(1), 6, 41-43.
- Lawrence, P. & Weber, L. (2008) Get Ready for Migration: "Clean-up Your Collection"--What Does That Mean? Journal Of Access Services. 5(3), 373-381.
- Mohapatra, R., Lawrence, P., Weber, L., & Wagner, K. Spatio-temporal Analysis of Space Usage of Memorial Library at Minnesota State University, Mankato, Association of American Geographers (AAG), Chicago, IL, April 22, 2015.
- Dan Honetschlager and Peg Lawrence. Ezproxy and D2L. Consortium of MnPALS Libraries User Group Meeting. St. Paul, MN, October 23, 2014.
- Peg Lawrence. Lightweight Inventory. Code4Lib Midwest Conference. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, October 13, 2013.
- Peg Lawrence and Lynne Weber. Reel to Reel Rescue. Midwest Chapter Music Library Association. 71st Annual Chapter Meeting, Naperville, IL, October 13, 2012.
- Peg Lawrence and Rosie Mock. Customizing Reports in Aleph to Get the Data You Need. Fargo, ND: Upper Midwest Users' Group of North America, October 18, 2011.
- Peg Lawrence and Lynne Weber. Midnight-2:00 a.m.: What Goes on at the Library. New Orleans, LA: American Library Association, June 25, 2011.
- Peg Lawrence and Rosie Mock. Customizing Reports in Aleph to Get the Data You Need. Milwaukee, WI: ExLibris Users of North America, May 13, 2011.
- Peg Lawrence and Wayne Sharp. LibITS (Library+ITS): Cooperative Projects Lead to Sucesses. (poster session) Chicago, IL: EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference 2009. March 24, 2009.
- Dawn Clyne, Peg Lawrence, and Rosie Mock. Must-have Firefox Extensions and Plugins. Mankato, MN. Professional Development Day. Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN: January 7, 2009.
- Mary Ann Greenwald, Peg Lawrence, and Bruce Willms. Inventory Management. Mankato, MN: MnPALS Fall User Group, October 30, 2008.
- Mary Ann Greenwald, Peg Lawrence, and Bruce Wilms. Battles and Triumphs with Online and Batch Inventory. Long Beach, CA: ExLibris Users of North America, August 1, 2008.
- Peg Lawrence. Blackwell's Collection Manager and Aleph Interface. Brooklyn Park, MN. ExLibris Regional Users Group, 2007.
- Peg Lawrence and Kellian Clink. The information commons: A new paradigm. Eugene, OR: Pacific Northwest Library Association Conference, August 10, 2006.