Kellian ClinkPage address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/about/staff/clink/clink.html
MA, MLS, and Specialist in Educational Leadership
Voice: (507)389-5152 Fax: (507)389-5155
Primarily, I serve as reference and instruction librarian. I do collection development and instruction primarily in the social sciences. I also provide appointments for individual assistance, such as:
- Orientation to the library
- Tours of the library
- Database searching instruction
- Internet instruction
- Research consultation
For class presentations, I often:
- Create class-related handouts
- Develop subject bibliographies
- Collaborate to create Library assignments for classes
- Provide guides on information resources
Additionally, I serve as library liaison to these departments::
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Specialist in Educational Leadership 2004-2005
University of Minnesota
MA School of Journalism, 1983-1990
Alternate Plan Paper: "A Comparison of Small Independent Publishing Houses and Large Corporate Publishing Houses." 1988
University of Wisconsin
University of Denver
Summer Denver Publishing Institute
BA Major in French, English, minor in philosophy, 1976-1980
Minnesota State University, Mankato Memorial Library
- Reference, Instruction, Collection Development
- Student advising 1987-present, about 50 students per year
- Service to library (various terms):
- Faculty Development Committee
- Disaster Awareness
- Graduate Faculty
- a variety of Ad Hoc Committees over the years
- Service on campus:
- University's 125th Anniversary Committee 1988-1990.
- Student Relation Coordinators group, member, 1996-2012.
- Faculty Association Planning SubMeet 1990-1992.
- General Education Commission 1991-1993.
- Invisible Line Trainer 1992-1996.
- Faculty Association Graduation SubMeet Member, then Co-Chair 1994-1998.
- Honors Teacher 1996-2006. (McCarthy Era, Japanese-American Camps, Writing Home, History of Books and Printing)
- Honors Advisory Committee 2004-2005.
- Honors Director 2008-2010.
- Commission on the Status of Women, member, then Co-Chair 2002-2005.
- Mary Jane Young Scholarship Committee 1994-2001.
- Peer Consultant and Peer Mentor 2004-present
- History Day Judge 2004-present
- Diverse Cultures Task Force Co-Chair 2006-2008.
- Employee Recognition Committee 2008-present
- Development Committee 2010-present
- HLC Steering Committee 2011-2012.
- Reporter Newspaper Board 2012-present
- 3rd Member, various graduate students' committees 1994-present
- First year Seminar Instructor 1998-2012.
- Advising Task Force 2010-2012.
- Faculty Assoication Research Committee 2011-2013.
- Faculty Advisor to Sigma Nu, Phi Sigma Pi, and the Alpha Phi Omega.
- Premajor Advisor 1991-2012, pre-SBS advisor 2012-present
- Enrollment Management 2012-present
- Service to the community:
- Literacy volunteer 1987-1991
- CADA House Voting Member 1987-1991
- Hospice Volunteer 2000- present
- Bereavement Counselor 2011-present
- Camp Oz Volunteer 2011-present
Clink, Kellian. (2014). Textbooks and the Changing Narratives of Woman Suffrage in the U.K. Suffragette Legacy Conference. Manchester England. (read by Camilla Rostvik).
Clink, Kellian. (2014). The Millennial Generation: Beyond the Hype. Preparing Leaders for a Brighter Tomorrow TRIO Leadership Symposium. Mankato, MN.
Clink, Kellian. (2014). Using the Library for Self-Advocacy. Preparing Leaders for a Brighter Tomorrow TRIO Leadership Symposium. Mankato, MN.
Clink, Kellian. (2013). Getting Great Fed, State and NGO websites to your patrons. Pacific Northwest Library Conference. Boise, ID.
Clink, Kellian. (2013). High School Textbooks and the Changing Narratives of Woman Suffrage. Northern Great Plains History Conference. Hudson, WI.
Clink, Kellian. (December, 2012). Getting the full story: Providing ready access to Specific Fderal, State & Nongovernmental Web Sites. Informed Librarian Online.
Bothmann, Bobby and Clink, Kellian. (2011). "Free Puppies:" Integrating Web Resources into the Catalog. Advances in Librarianship 34: (forthcoming).
Clink, Kellian and Bothmann, Bobby. (2011). "Free Puppies:" Integrating Web Resources into the Catalog. Presentation at Lib Tech 2011, St. Paul MN. March 16, 2011.
Clink, Kellian (2009). Transitions: Scaffolding Research Skills, Building Bridges, Creating New Knowledge. Pacific Northwest Library Association's Centennial Conference:"A Century of Cooperation, A Legacy of Leadership" August 5-7. Missoula, Montana.
Clink, Kellian and Amy Mukamuri. (2009). Exploring Best Practices for Identification, Assessment, Course Placement, Support Services, and Academic Monitoring of First Year students whose ACT writing scores indicate needs for skill building. Document written under the auspices of the University's Strategic Priorities Grant.
McClure, Randall and Clink, Kellian (2009) How do you know that? An investigation of student research practices in the digital age. Portal 9.1.Selected for inclusion in ALA's Research Review for 2009, Cite U Like, Recommended Reading from Portal, Current Cites & others.
Clink, Kellian and McDonnell, Pete (2008). “ Undergrads in the reference stacks? Using Reference Universe for Composition 101 Topics. Minnesota Library Association Conference. Bloomington, MN.
Clink, Kellian (2008). “What do college students learn in high school about research?” Minnesota Library Association Conference. November 21, Bloomington, MN. Portal 9.1.
Amy Mukamuri, Clink, Kellian and Pam Becker (2008). Advising and Advocacy for Refugee/Immigrant ESL Speakers. Professional Development Day. Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Schomberg, Jessica and Clink, Kellian (August 2007). Some Assessment Indicators. Presented at Library Services' staff retreat, Minnesota State University, Mankato. (Discussed survey results from junior & senior library users.)
Clink, Kellian. "Librarians and gumshoes: A look at the last decade's bestselling murder mysteries." Eugene, OR: Pacific Northwest Library Association Conference, August 11, 2006.
Clink, Kellian and Peg Lawrence. "The information commons: A new paradigm." Eugene, OR: Pacific Northwest Library Association Conference, August 10, 2006.
Clink, Kellian. "RateMyProfessors.com: Gossip or Useful Information." Iowa City, IA: NACADA Region 6 Conference, May 19, 2006.
Clink, Kellian. "ACRL Information Literacy Standards and Composition Papers: How Are We Doing?" Montana Library Association. May 4, 2006.
Clink, Kellian."Evaluating Your Collection Using Student Papers." Montana Library Association Conference, Bozeman, MT: April, 2004.
Clink, Kellian. "Genealogy and Oral Histories: What’s the Connection?" South Central Genealogy Expo Mankato, MN: November, 2003.
Clink, Kellian. "Student Bibliographies: A Librarian's Examination." Presentation at the Pacific Northwest Library Association Conference, Boise, ID: August, 2003.
Clink, Kellian and Brunner, Signe. "Barbara Kruger: Her place in art history, her work, how we can emulate her postmodern deconstruction and have fun at the same time!" A combination lecture/collage making event for Women's History Month sponsored by the Women's Center at Minnesota State University, Mankato, Spring, 2003.
Clink, Kellian. "The May Day Parade, The Heart of the Beast, The Powderhorn Neighborhood in Minneapolis, MN: A Celebration" 37th Annual Northern Great Plains History Conference October, 2002.
Clink, Kellian. "Bibliosisterhood" Women and Leadership Conference, Mankato, MN: 2002.
Clink, Kellian. "Historiography of the Dakota Conflict," Presentation at Northern Great Plains History Conference held in Grand Forks, ND: October, 2001.
Clink, Kellian. "Nuts and Bolts of Organizing" Women and Leadership Conference, 2001.
Clink, Kellian. "Women Artists." Presentation for the Geneva Public Library Lecture Series, Spring, 2000.
Clink, Kellian. "The Female Gaze: When the Photographer is a Woman." Presentation for the Geneva Public Library Lecture Series, Spring, 1999.
Clink, Kellian. "The Role of the Minnesota Federation of Women's Clubs in the Public Library Movement in Minnesota." Presentation for the Bemidji Arts Council, July, 1994.
Clink, Kellian. "Feminism and Art Photography," Brown Bag Lunch Presentation, February 1993.
Clink, Kellian. "The IOLS as a Collection Development Tool," IN: Proceedings of the Integrated Online Library Systems Meetings Canfield, OH: Genaway and Associates, 1992.
Clink, Kellian and Loretta Johnson, "Taking Risks: Sharing Power in the Classroom," Presentation at 1991 Bush Conference on Undergraduate Education held in Minneapolis, MN: October, 1991.
Clink, Kellian. "Integrating Online Databases into an Online Catalog: Comparative Search Strategies," IN: Conference on Integrated Online Library Systems Canfield, OH: Genaway and Associates, 1991.
Smith, Tim and Clink, Kellian. "Evaluation of the Public Periodicals List Functions on the MSUS/PALS Online Catalog and Serials Subsystem," IN: Proceedings of the Conference on Integrated Online Library Systems Canfield: OH: Genaway and Associates, 1990.
- Recipient of Customer Service Award, MSU Employee Recognition Program, 2003.
- Recipient of Customer Service Award, MSU Employee Recognition Program, 2007.
- Recipient of Sigma Sigma Sigma Service Award. Spring 2008.
- Recognition through Women of Vision and Courage Award 2004-2012.
- Honorary Member, Golden Key International Honour Society.
- MSSA Award Recipient 2010.
- Order of Omega Faculty Member of the Year Spring 2012
- Teacher in the Honors Program. Courses have included the Dakota Conflict and History of Books and Libraries.
- Conference attendance included a workshop at the Bodleian Library in Oxford, England, the Pacific North West Library Associaton Conference, the ALA Conference and Montana Library Association Conference.