Services for Library Visitors and GuestsPage address: http://lib.mnsu.edu/about/libvisitors.html
Collections and Facilities
Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM)
Computer Access for guests and other non-University users
Software available on public research computers
Services Not available to Visitors
Maps, Directions, and Parking Information
Welcome to Memorial Library. This guide is intended for visitors/community users who are not affiliated with Minnesota State University, Mankato, but who wish to make use of the Library's collections and/or facilities.
Visitors are welcome to use the Library's collections for research and study purposes. These materials include collections housed in Library stacks; government documents; reference collections; current periodicals and newspapers, except those held on reserve; and microform collections. Unless they are registered as guest borrowers, visitors/community users may only use Library resources in-house.
Depository collections of U.S. government publications, and assistance in using them, are freely available to all visitors. With the exception of these depository collections, the Library may at times give priority in service to University-affiliated users, and may limit visitors' access to selected facilities, collections, and services.
Visit our Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM) page to access databases. ELM is a collection of research and information databases to be used by Minnesota residents through their school, public, academic, and state government libraries.
Library Services welcomes visitors and other non-University users to Memorial Library and provides onsite access to most of our electronic resources, along with access to print resources, and basic reference services. Public research computers are located directly in front of the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the library. In addition, computers for online catalog searching are available on each floor.
All public research workstations support the research, study, and professional activities of non-University users and are subject to the computer use policy put forth by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) in the Acceptable Use of Computers and Information Technology Resources policy. Finally, some restrictions on certain applications based on vendor contracts and licensing may apply.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Infopath)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- The Library reserves the right to limit the amount of time that a guest may utilize a workstation.
- Workstations are not available after 9:00 pm during the academic year.
- Library Services does not use filtering software or content blocking of any internet material.
- Parents and legal guardians are responsible for monitoring the internet activity of their children or the minors in their custody.
- Users are responsible for the content of their personal use of system information technology and may be subject to liability resulting from that use.
- Printing is available for a charge. Printouts can be picked up and paid for in the Library CopyShop during their posted hours.
- Files may not be saved to public research workstations and unauthorized software may not be installed.
The following services are not offered to Library visitors:
- Interlibrary loan
- Course reserve materials
- Workstations requiring log in
- Data restricted by licensing agreements
- Certain media materials
- Recall of materials checked out by others